Female Personal Care/Home Care Assistant GC0820
Female Personal Care/Home Care Assistant
JOB REF: GC0820
I am looking for a Personal Assistant / Carer to join my support team.
I have various conditions that impact on my daily health and well-being including multiple sclerosis, diabetes and I have recently had a stroke. Ideally, you will have experience in supporting someone with complex care needs, although full training will be available for the right candidate.
I enjoy accessing the community and feeling part of it and I try to remain positive at all times.
Your role will involve supporting me to access the community and attending to my daily living and clinical needs.
You will receive:
- Standard rate of pay starting from £8.72 per hour and rising to £10.00 per hour, upon successful completion of the probationary period
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement per year pro rata
- Full certificated training on all aspects of the role
- Part time role of around 16 hours per week, actual days and times will be discussed at interview stage. Flexibility in working hours is essential.
- There is the opportunity to work additional hours on occasions in relation to staff absences.
- Provide assistance with personal care and hygiene, respecting my dignity at all times
- Assist with medication (including insulin) and monitoring this
- Support to attend medical appointments when required
- Assist with mobility difficulties using the recommended equipment. You will be supported by 1 other carer with this task.
- Support to access the community for leisure and shopping
- Attend to daily living tasks including food preparation, laundering and ensuring the house is left tidy.
- A full driving licence
- Flexibility in working hours is essential, including weekends.
- Able to work as part of a team with other PA’s
- An enhanced DBS check, the cost will be met by the Employer