Female Personal Care/Home Care Assistant LH1220
Female Personal Care/Home Care Assistant Required
Location: Ashton Under Lyne, Greater Manchester
Hi, my name is Leah. I am a young lady in my late twenties who despite my complex health issues (I was born with a severe development delay condition and cerebral palsy and am registered blind all of which means I am in a wheelchair and I can’t communicate verbally), I still have a bubbly personality and often get a fit of the giggles.
I enjoy being out in the sunshine, watching my Barney and Thomas the tank engine DVD’s, and going camping with my dad. Talking of my dad, I am really looking for someone to help him out. Life hasn’t always been easy for him, especially since I was diagnosed with mouth cancer a couple of years ago.
Could you support us a few hours a week to give my dad a well-deserved rest by looking after me and, hopefully, having fun together?
Please don’t worry if you don’t think you have any relevant qualifications – I just want someone I can get on with and all relevant training will be provided. It is essential however that you can be reliable to support me as required.
An enhanced DBS (Police check) will be required and the Employer will meet the cost.
In terms of the details of the job, there are two roles available:
- 6 hours per week – Monday – Saturday 9.30am – 10.30am to support with my morning routine
- 9 hours per week – Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons to support my visits to the hydro pool working alongside another PA
- There may also be some additional hours in time, and as required for holidays and sickness cover. There may also be some flexibility sharing morning and afternoon shifts which can be discussed at the interview stage.
- £9.00 per hour rising to £9.50 per hour following satisfactory probation period and completed training
- 6 weeks holiday pro rata
- A pension scheme will be offered (subject to eligibility)
If you think you could help me, please get in touch.