Personal Care Assistant/Home Care Assistant PHI-JOH
Personal Care Assistant/Home Care Assistant
REF: PHI – JOH
We are looking for Female Personal Care Assistants to support a lovely friendly young lady with her everyday needs and activites. The lady has complex health needs and lives within her family home. You will be working as part of a small friendly team, assisting with everyday living activities and light house duties.
You will receive:
- An initial rate of pay of £9.50 per hour. This will rise to £10.50 if you are fully competent after the six month probation.
- Holiday entitlement of 5.6 weeks per year pro rata.
- Relevant clinical, epilepsy, moving and handling and first aid training will be provided.
- Maternity cover from August 2020 – 40 hours per week
- Friday and Sunday waking nights and alternative Sunday days and additional cover may also be required
- Bank/relief staff required for holiday/sickness cover
- The employer will discuss options further at interview stage.
- Supporting the individual to do activities within the home and some out and about, making sure all resources are taken and the home is left secure.
- Assisting with all aspects of personal care as required, including PEG/ medication and feeding (training will be given).
- Ensure medical items and medication are organised and informing
when stocks need renewing.
- Use a range of recommended medical equipment and ensure these are checked and fully charged.
- Organise daily activities.
- Support with general domestic duties, undertaking cleaning and laundry.
- A full driving licence.
- An enhanced DBS check, the cost will be met by the Employer.
- Successful completion of 6 month probationary period.