Personal Care Assistant/Home Care Assistant TK02/20
Personal Care Assistant/ Home Care Assistant
JOB REF: TK02/20
I am looking to recruit experienced female Personal Assistants / Carers to become part of my team, who can support me to live as independently as possible within my home and support me to access the community.
I have an extremely rare condition (MERRF) which means I need support with all day to day living tasks, including personal care. I am at risk of falls and seizures and need to be supervised to ensure of my safety.
My condition causes me to become anxious and distressed. Successful candidates will need to develop an understanding of my condition, and should have good communication and interpersonal skills, in order to provide me with the right level of support.
Various hours exist, including overnight and weekend support. There will also be the opportunity to support with contingency hours, to cover staff absences including sickness and holidays. Hours will be discussed further at interview stage.
You will receive:
- Standard rate of £9.30 per hour and time and one half when supporting on bank holidays
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year pro rata
- Recommended training
- Overnight/waking support includes 14.5 hours. Approximate times include 5.30pm – 08.00am the following day.
- Weekend support includes 9.5 hours per day from 08.00am – 5.30pm
This list is not exhaustive and specific tasks will be determined by the hours/times worked. Further information can be provided at interview stage.
- Monitor possible seizure triggers, symptoms and be able to respond appropriately
- Support with personal care as required. This may include; getting dressed/undressed, toileting, showering, dental hygiene and applying creams
- Support with medication prompts and ensure these have been taken correctly
- Activity planning and support to access activities, driving the mobility vehicle
- Maintaining accurate records in the daily diary
- Preparing and providing drinks, snacks and meals as required
- Provide overnight support including companionship, getting in and out of bed safely and monitoring symptoms
- Attend to any other task as reasonably requested by the Employer
- A full driving licence.
- Flexibility in working hours
- A pet friendly person as I have cats, which will need feeding etc.
- Satisfactory references
- An enhanced DBS check, the cost will be met by the Employer
- Successful completion of a 3-month probationary period