Personal Care/Home Care Assistant AW1020
Personal Care Assistant/Home Care Assistant
May Bank, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire
JOB REF: AW1020
I am looking for two Personal Carers to join my support team. Ideally you will have experience of supporting someone with severe physical disability but full training will be given to the right candidates.
My disability has had a big impact on my physical health and I need support with managing all my personal care needs each day.
This role will involve getting me ready for the day ahead, performing duties relating to personal hygiene and a general morning routine. This includes toileting, bathing and dressing, preparing breakfast and assisting with medication. There is a lot of manual handling required with this role. The wearing of PPE is compulsory and will be provided.
You will receive:
- Standard rate starting from £10 per hour
- A pension (if eligible)
- 5.6 weeks per year pro rata
- Full certificated training on all aspects of the role
- 6 hours per week (one hour a day over six days)
- There is the opportunity to work additional hours on occasions in relation to holidays and sickness.
- Provide assistance with all aspects of personal care, such as toileting, bathing, washing hair and dressing
- Flexibility in working hours essential.
- Weekend work essential.
- Daily support with use and care of a ventilator. The use of a suction machine is required occasionally.
- An enhanced DBS check, the cost will be met by the Employer