Personal Care/Home Care Assistant DR1020
Personal Care/Home Care Assistant
JOB REF: DR1020
We are a small team responsible for delivering care to a male in his 30s who requires 24/7 support due to a spinal injury from a road traffic accident. We are now looking for individuals to join the team and deliver great care to him on a two to one basis.
The main aim for this male is to maintain his independence, and this is at the center of everything we do to support him. He lives in his own home in South Manchester and likes to enjoy life to its full potential. He like to go out, socialize, enjoys pub lunches, shopping, the cinema and motorbike shows – the same as anyone else his age. His social life is critical to providing him with a fulfilled life. He has his own adapted vehicle which you will be insured to drive, therefore you need a full driving license which you have held for over 5 years for insurance purposes.
As you would expect, full personal care is required on a daily basis. Due to the level of the injury, the role requires someone who is dedicated proactive and willing to learn lots of new skills and techniques.
It would be great if you have experience in a care background, but it is not essential. We have an experienced team with a wide range of specialist skills who will support you and we will provide you with any training that is required to fulfil your role.
If you lack the experience but can demonstrate a desire to provide outstanding care, then we would like to hear from you.
You will receive:
- Standard rate starting from £9.50 per hour, rising to £12.00 per hour once fully competent, weekend enhancements are also applicable
- A pension
- 5.6 weeks per year pro rata
- Full certificated training on all aspects of the role
- 12 hour shifts covering 7.00am – 7.00pm or 7.00pm – 7.00am. Some night shifts will be “sleep” shifts. Part time and full time roles are available.
- There is the opportunity to work additional hours on occasions in relation to holidays and sickness.
- Provide assistance with all aspects of personal care
- A full driving licence held for at least 5 years due to insurance purposes
- Flexibility in working hours essential to provide support over a 24 hour period
- An enhanced DBS check, the cost will be met by the Employer