Personal/Home Care Assistant MP0721
Personal/Home Care Assistant
Dukinfield, Tameside REF: MP0721
I am looking for a Personal Care/Home Care Assistant to join my support team; to help me with all aspects of daily living and enable me to live independently and enjoy life in my own home. You will be warm, caring, have a good sense of humour and help create a fun environment, sharing interests and conversations and take a real in interest in me as a person.
Ideally you will have experience of caring for someone in their own home and promoting independence; preferably supporting someone with a spinal injury, however, full training will be provided.
My condition has had a big impact on my physical and mental health and I need support with managing my personal care and healthcare needs each day.
When I am well, I enjoy watching motor sport, with your support and encouragement I would like to be motivated to be outdoors more and attend events.
You need to have a full UK driving licence and be reliable and flexible to potentially cover additional hours.
You will receive:
- All relevant training
- 6 weeks paid annual leave pro rata
- A pension
- £10.00 per hour
- This is a fantastic career opportunity to work in a caring environment that provides excellent job satisfaction to make a positive impact upon someone’s life, with the possibility to travel within the UK and abroad
The hours available are 16-30 per week, this will be inclusive of every other weekend and hours are negotiable for the right candidates. Flexibility is essential to cover holidays and sickness as needed within the team.
- A full driving licence
- Flexibility in working hours is essential
- Alternate weekend work essential
- General domestic duties, undertaking cleaning and laundry
- Support with bowel care.
- Support with catheter care
- Checking skin for potential pressure sores
- Be aware of signs of autonomic dysreflexia
- An enhanced DBS check, the cost will be met by the Employer
- Satisfactory references
- Successful completion of a 3 month probationary period
For more information please see the job description and person specification.