Personal Care/Home Care Assistant MR1019
Personal Care/Home Care Assistant
Lostock, Bolton, Greater Manchester
JOB REF: MR1019
I am looking for Personal Care/Home Care Assistants to join my support team; to help me with all aspects of daily living and enable me to live independently and enjoy life in my own home. You will be warm, caring, have a good sense of humour and help create a fun environment, sharing interests and conversations and take a real in interest in me as a person, not just my condition.
Ideally you will have experience of caring for someone in their own home and promoting independence; preferably supporting someone with motor neurone disease. However, full training will be provided.
My condition has had a big impact on my physical health and I need support with managing my personal care and healthcare needs each day.
I enjoy watching football at the matches or on television, and other sports, films and box sets, and joining in quiz shows with my personal assistants. I enjoy visits from my friends, reading, listening to music and enjoying my favourite foods!
You will receive:
- Standard rate starting from £10.00 per hour, enhanced Bank Holiday rate £12.00 per hour
- A pension
- 5.6 weeks per year pro rata
- Full certificated training on all aspects of the role
- Part time roles of up to 25 hours per week. Various shifts available Monday-Friday between 7.30am-3.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm and Saturday-Sunday between 10.00am-2.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm (timings may vary depending on need)
- There is the opportunity to work additional hours on occasions in relation to holidays and sickness
- In addition, there is the prospect of future additional hours if/when healthcare needs increase
The tasks and responsibilities expected of the Personal Assistant may vary from time to time to meet the needs of the Individual.
- Provide assistance with all aspects of personal care, domestic duties and accessing the community.
- A full driving licence and confidence in driving my vehicle.
- Flexibility in working hours essential.
- Weekend/evening work essential.
- Daily support with medication administration, symptom relieving aids and techniques, moving and handling, use and care of a suction, ventilator and cough assist machines.
- An enhanced DBS check, the cost will be met by the Employer.
- Ability to attend essential training for the role, the cost will be met by the Employer.